0 photos

The Musée d’Orsay, the home of France’s national collection from the impressionist, postimpressionist and art nouveau movements spanning the 1840s to 1914 is in the former Gare d’Orsay railway station – itself an art nouveau showpiece.
The Tuileries Gardens get their name from the tile factories which previously stood on the site where Queen Catherine de Medici built the Palais des Tuileries in 1564. They were re-landscaped in 1664 to give them their current French formal garden style. The gardens
separate the Louvre from the Place de la Concorde, and are a cultural walking place for Parisians and tourists where Maillol statues stand alongside those of Rodin or Giacometti.
The Orangerie was originally built in 1852 to shelter the orange trees of the garden of the Tuileries. It is now an art gallery of impressionist and post-impressionist paintings located in the west corner of the Tuileries Gardens next to the Place de la Concorde. It is most famous for being the permanent home for eight Water Lilies murals by Claude Monet.
Eugène Delacroix spent the last years of his life (from 1857 to 1863) in this apartment in the heart of Paris, to be nearer the church of Saint Sulpice where he was in charge of the decoration of a chapel.
Construction of Saint Sulpice began in 1646 and it is one of the largest churches in Paris. During the Revolution, the Church was damaged and turned into a Temple of Victory. It was restored and redecorated in the 19th century with the help of Eugène Delacroix.
This gallery is empty.