Ferryquay Gate from outside the city walls in its present form dates to 1865. It is one of the 4 original gateways and overlooked the ferryquay on the River Foyle.
The gate originally had a drawbridge and tower. This was the gate closed by the Apprentice Boys of Derry in December 1688 against the Jacobite army of James II. The headstone on the outside of the gate represents Reverend George Walker, Governor of Derry in 1689 and the headstone on the inside of the gate is of Reverend James Gordon.